I made it to the river! It's a big deal for me because regardless of whether or not anyone shows up today for a reading, I know I followed through on the idea and the directive to have my ass here, at least. I'm proud of myself for that.
Going forward, I'll be posting a week behind, meaning that the readings I do during the current week will be posted the following week.
So I'm pulling a few tarot cards while I sit here and figure out what comes next. I'm going to start with the Pop Art Tarot Deck. The weather isn't too hot at the moment. The crows are cawing. But everything is fairly quiet at the moment.
The first three cards: The Hierophant reversed, 4 of Pentacles, 9 of Cups reversed
The key phrase I want to hone in on with the reversed Hierophant in this particular deck is "exploring alternative financial avenues." The Hierophant generally speaks of rigor, tradition, and structure. Heavy on the tradition. Part of my mission in being riverside today and the upcoming Sundays until it gets too cold for me to be out here is to take my place as the Priestess/Empress/Magician that I am.
One of the key phrases on the 4 of Pentacles is imposter syndrome, which is significant to me. Finding my place in the world. Being true to myself. I've tried to stay fairly low-key and normal, but normal I am not. Never have been.
Those two cards together equal the reversed 9 of cups, and a very dissatisfied version of myself all year long. So what does this mean for me or for anybody else who can relate to this?
It's literally time to embrace the reversed Hierophant. We just had a new moon in Virgo this past week, so that makes the timing even better to venture into something new. We don't have to hold the astrology as something unchangeable, but part of the magic is embracing or manipulating the energy that's already there.
And right on cue, the next card I pulled from the deck was the Queen of Wands. The woman (or person) who is self-assured, confident, and courageous. The woman who waves her wand and makes shit happen.
Sometimes I go back and reread or rewatch personal readings I did for myself to see how accurate I was in my predictions or to see my growth. Two years ago, it was about Empress energy. Now, it is cards one through three: The Magician, The Empress, and The High Priestess. And the evolution isn't over!
For anybody reading this, consider this: As long as we are on this planet, and specifically in a capitalistic society, we must do what we need to do to survive, but we can't let that take away our magic. We can't let them convince us that it's not real. We can responsibly abide by the laws set forth to protect us, but that doesn't mean we can't freely pursue our artistic and spiritual passions. That doesn't mean that something is wrong with us or that what we do is nonsense because we divine and commune with the unseen. They do it all the time.
With that, wave your wand!
A Deeper Look...
I intended to publish the first half of this post on the same day that I wrote it, but I'm glad I didn't. Sometimes the best readings come from the subsequent days after I pulled cards. When I allow the days to unfold as I carry on with life and forget I pulled the cards in the first place, things click into place.
Last night, I had a conversation with my daughter about her school life. She began middle school this year, and rather than keeping her at the same school she had been at since the first grade--the school is a charter K-8 school--I chose to put her in a public middle school. We live in an area where there is a multitude of schools, both public and charter, within a three-mile radius, but these two schools are the closest. Neither of them is impressive in the slightest when it comes to academics, but that wasn't my main concern. Regardless of where she goes to school, my daughter's quality of education is ultimately up to me and the resources I can find for her. I chose the new school for the sake of logistics because, despite having family and friends we can call on for assistance, at the end of the day, we still live alone.
My daughter loves her routine. She hates making choices. Since she was old enough to make choices, she's wanted to choose everything.
What's her favorite color? She likes all of the colors.
What's her favorite ice cream flavor? All of them.
Well, if you just had to choose between dancing and cheerleading, which one would she do, because those two schedules will inevitably clash? After lots of tears, huffing, and puffing, she chose cheer.
I allowed her the chance to vent her frustrations about this new school. She's made a couple of friends, but it's nothing like her old school. Literally, she was everybody's favorite student at her old school. Now she has to get to know a whole new staff at a school with way more students and way more physical real estate. Stairs. Lots of stairs in a century-old building. She doesn't like any of her teachers. She doesn't feel like she's learning as much as she'd like. She just plain old doesn't want to be there. Understandable.
I told her that part of the reason why I moved her was so that she'd know what it's like being somewhere else. I wanted to see how well she could adapt to change. I know some parents would disagree with that, but one thing that life has taught me is that the only constant is change. And the more things change, the more they stay the same. Adaptability is my nickname. And sometimes, we have to adjust ourselves according to the decisions of others. Since the beginning of her dance ventures when she was seven years old, I have gently spoken to her about how she may not always be able to dance with her current teacher because her teacher has multiple ventures in queue. Plenty of times, her teacher has chosen those other ventures because they pay more than teaching dance does. Again, understandable.
I brought up to her that she began this school year with a negative attitude about the school, so she had already set the tone before she even began. I saw the sadness in her face. I beckoned her to me so I could hug her. She laid her head on my chest and cried. Heavily cried. Then she pulled away. I asked her if she was angry with me. She said that she was a little bit. I told her that it was okay. She's well within her rights to be angry with me, but I love her regardless.
The lesson in this ties back to that reversed Hierophant that I pulled at the beginning of this reading.
We had years of history with her old school. Everything was already set. I didn't need to provide any new information. The staff knew her. The staff recognized my car. She loved that school and that school loved her. Hell, her test scores helped keep the school afloat because she was one of their top students. But change is inevitable. Sometimes, we have to buck up against what we know or do something out of the ordinary in order to move forward. We hold on tightly, like the 4 of Pentacles, to things that don't necessarily serve us. In my heart of hearts, after much prayer and deliberation, I do not believe that school serves her or me anymore.
Now we are in the uncomfortable transition stage, and it is painful for my baby. She's truly grieving her old school. She's in her reversed 9 of Cups stage. Unsatisfied with everything and everybody.
However, I reminded her that I think she'll be fine no matter where she is. I know she's capable. The Queen of Wands is her. Literally. My daughter is a Sagittarius. Technically, that makes her a Page/Princess of Wands, but the point remains. With a little love and encouragement (and maybe a little bit of fussing and tears), she'll be amazing. She already is.
And you, reading this, are amazing, too.
If today's message resonates with you, book a reading or show me some love at buymeacoffee.com/thegiftedreader.

Comments
Post a Comment